It’s almost that time of the year again. By that, I most certainly don’t mean the Champions League group stage. I mean the annual retreat that Neymar likes to take back in his home country, Brazil. This year, Sylvinho might beat Neymar. Starved for the sweet taste of victory, Arianna (@AScavs), Nicholas (@NicholasMamo) and Sam (@OZOL1950) get together for an emergency reunion turned therapy session.
In the tenth podcast episode, we mull the question of who is responsible for Lyon’s slumber. Is the Lyon Offside crew ready to chuck Sylvinho back to Brazil? If that were to happen, who would even replace him? We round up the podcast with some colorful and – you know it – depressive predictions for this week’s matches against Red Bull Leipzig and Saint-Étienne.
Too busy to listen to it all? You can jump around the podcast episode to find the topics that interest you the most using the timestamps below. As always, if there are any topics you’d like us to cover, just tweet at any one of us, or send us an email at LyonOffside@gmail.com.
Bonus: the Lyon Offside Podcast is now both on SoundCloud and Spotify! Listen and follow us below.
- Review of the situation at the club
- Whose fault is it? (1:50)
- The players’ responsibilities (10:55)
- Sylvinho’s tactical woes (17:40)
- What now?
- Should Lyon fire or stick with Sylvinho? (22:05)
- What does Sylvinho need to improve on if he is to stay? (24:30)
- The case for Sylvinho staying… for now (32:20)
- Lyon’s avenues
- Is the podium still a realistic expectation? (34:20)
- Sylvinho’s tenure so far and how it could influence future coaches’ prospects (41:10)
- Possible candidates to replace Sylvinho if he is dismissed (49:10)
- The backroom staff conundrum (53:50)
- Red Bull Leipzig vs. OL and Saint-Étienne vs. OL (01:00:50)