Lyon Offside’s series of special podcasts dedicated to women’s football continues with a new episode! The group stages have concluded, and 15 of the 16 OL players who started the tournament have advanced to the knockout rounds. France aren’t quite clicking, VAR has everyone on edge, and now is when the games really get good. Rabeeta (@OffsideBeet) and Arianna (@AScavs) break down the best of match days 2 and 3 and look ahead to the knockouts. Plus, with a new coach and 4 new players now officially announced, we have plenty of questions about the arrivals to OL Féminin.
Have a listen below! You’ll also find timestamps for specific topics if you’d like to jump around. If there are any topics you’d like us to cover, just tweet at any one of us, or you can send an email to LyonOffside@gmail.com.
- France vs. Nigeria (0:20)
- Not as easy as we may have expected
- Is France missing Katoto?
- Concerns for France in the midfield
- In defense of Sarah Bouhaddi
- VAR drama
- Too much set piece reliance?
- Best of the Rest of Group Stage Action (14:55)
- Lucy Bronze, dominant as usual
- Canada vs. Netherlands
- Best use of van de Sanden
- Knockout Previews (21:10)
- A return for Marozsan?
- All carbs all the time in Lyon
- Can Brazil surprise France?
- The path gets harder for the U.S.
- New OL Coach, Jean-Luc Vasseur (32:00)
- Is anyone excited?
- Unknown tactics
- Players Arrivals Announced (36:05)
- So many attackers
- Need for defensive reinforcements
- Goalkeeper prospects
- Midfield predictions
Cover image via Fifa.com